SecondQuest

Ramalam's quest across Second Life

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Siren's Song...

The island was right to be called the Siren's Grotto, for it's song was so sweet as to tempt a pilgrim such as myself to stay.

The island was host to a myriad of people, each seeking the delights of this lovers paradise.

As I explored the idyllic landscape, as I wandered I realised that this was a private place for lovers. So it occurred to me to add another rule to what would become 'The Rules of SecondQuest'

Rule 5-Always ask permission to mention people in your journal.

I found much of the island to my liking, ID designs had created a perfect environment for me.

Tenth picture of my journey

Eleventh picture of my journey

Winter had come to the centre of the island, like Alderia before it and the centre of the island, adorned with shops was covered in white snow.

From elsewhere on the island I had learned that the leader of this community was a person named 'Nymphetamine'. The name hung above the door of a Gothic mansion. Seeking the boon of this Nymphetamine to continue my journey, and earn my keep in this society (For I was quite taken with the place).

Inside the mansion, many dresses were for sale, for Ladies who had an eye for the Gothic. Also inside were many creatures of the night, who, despite their fragile existence did not seem to be wearing much. After trying to pluck up the courage to speak to them I left the seductive-looking nosferatu ladies to their shopping.

Breathing the crisp air outside I caught my breath and saw the Harley Davidson shop I had also seen advertised upon the island at the top of a nearby hill. I climbed the steps and looking inside, perhaps with a view to purchasing a vehicle for my journey. The choppers were expensive, but inside I met another traveller, named

Fourteenth picture of my journey

Nataru Yoshiyuku

I exclaimed my admiration for the choppers, but Yoshiyuku-san merely shrugged.

"Heh," he said, "My bike is better."

He ran out of the store, keen to back up his claim. He drove up on this:

Thirteenth picture of my journey

The bike was powerful, capable of stunts, flight and when I tried to ride it, it told me I was not cool enough to ride it. Yoshiyuku-san said he bought it at the Need4speed. I resolved to go there sometime.

Yoshiyuku-san was generous to me, giving me new clothes so that I would fit in more. I certainly looked more Gothic (but in the new sense of the word, I certainly wouldn't be an incubus among the succubi of Nymphetamine's mansion). Not all of the gifts were for me, Yoshiyuku-san gave me some for Profaniti as well, which was very kind.

I looked around the island more, and eventually found Nymphetamine's abode, a flying castle above the island, but no one was home sadly.

Despondent I walked the shore, but my depression was eased by the sight of a suitable place upon which to ponder my journey.

Sixteenth picture of my journey

The place was dedicated to Neptune, a fitting King for the Siren's. Crossing the bride I climbed to the summit and meditated. I reckommend you all do the same and who knows what secrets might be revealed to you?

Spotting a boat, moored in the harbour, I knew my way was clear to visit my next destination on my quest. But I hesitated, the island was beautiful, and in my new clothes perhaps I could fit in here. There were certainly friendly, like minded people who came to the Grotto. I could fall in love here, as romance clinged to every rock and tree like the blanketing snow. Have I found my place so early in my quest?

But my quest called, I was married to the road, the sea and the horizon. There was so much more out there to see.

I payed my respects to Neptune to grant me safe passage upon the seas and left the Siren's Grotto for the horizon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home