SecondQuest

Ramalam's quest across Second Life

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

I've slept too long...

I awoke to find that I had slept in a chair for so long, autumn had turned to winter.

fourth picture of my journey


I began to explore more of Bronzetown. Being a Pilgrim I wanted to meet people and aid them. I examined some of the buildings, then I found a bar. I looked around but the place was empty. Sitting at the bar I waited for a drink. Looking around there were many images of muscular men on the walls. It seems I had stumbled into a Gaybar.

I heard a noise that was troubling, like a crackling coming from outside. I ran outside to find a fire atop a high building!

fifth picture of my journey

I rushed around trying to find a way in, even resorting to jumping on a floating broomstick nearby. But to no avail. I looked closer and could see no one inside, and the fire seemed to die out. I left the area and entered the shopping district of Alderia.

sixth picture of my journey

It sure is a Winter Wonderland.

seventh picture of my journey

The D&D Lab2 at the end of the street seemed very interesting. But again I found no one to serve me. There was free things on offer so I took my share and left the rest.

I then entered the insanity mall (see two pictures above, the building on the left). It is a strange place, home to many pursuits. I was not interested in the more coarse elements of it, but there was some intreging artwork...

Eighth picture of my journey

(artwork remains the property of the owner and no copyright attempt is made by this image)

But also tattoo designs and other things for the alternative consumer.

Then, between the two buildings I found my first obstacle.

Ninth picture of my journey

Here I tried to swim across the sea. But the Gods would not allow it, fearing for my safety. It was then I realised there must be some rules for this quest if I was ever going to succeed.

Here are some of them:
1. Walk wherever possible, only fly or teleport when there is no other option to travel on.
2. Be couteous in all that you do.
3. Document the journey, to share experiences, not to threaten property.
4. Travel only on the open landscapes, as I am unable to travel on private ones (perhaps if there is a sequel to ths quest this can be amended).

I arrived, coughing a spluttering upon an island paradise...

Tenth picture of my journey

This was the Siren's Grotto.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home